Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Friday, July 6, 2007

Problems with My Luggage

Up With People recommended that we bring one suitcase, one carry on, and a personal item such as a laptop bag or a camera bag.

After packing Essential clothing (everyday shirts, exercise shirts, work/ dirty shirts, jackets, host family gifts, vitamins. toiletries, clearbooks, photos from home...) my luggage was so heavy. But still within the weight limit. Note:as much as I wanted to pack few stuff, I wouldn't want to forget something and then buy along the way. That will be more expensive.

Issue: Domestic flights had lighter weight limit. I still feel like I have packed to the barest essentials already... so what I did was get all the heavy stuff from the suitcase, packed them in a smaller bag for check in.

So all in all I have 2 pieces of checked in luggage and one carry on backpack which contains my heavy laptop.

I sure hope things will become lighter during my 4 weeks in Denver... if not, I shall be sending some stuff back here in Cerritos.

Oh please wish me luck.

No comments: