Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Next Stop: Hollywood!


Rafael Cardoso from Brazil was my first groupmate in UWP (together with Zeljka Banicek from Croatia) -- we did a sort of a getting to know you activity together. Soon after that, we learned that we will be flying from LA to Denver on the same day and on flights scheduled next to each other. Rafael was really excited to suggest that we go visit the "footprints" in Hollywood before we fly to Denver.


By "Footprints" he meant the Chinese Mann Theater in Hollywood -- where famous stars had their prints taken. It's situated near the Kodak Theater (where they hold the Oscars), the famous Walk of Fame, and a variety of interesting Museums like Ripley's , Guiness and the Hollywood Wax Museum. There was also a cinema that opened Ratotouille (did I spell that right?) and it looked so nice! We did not watch though.

So armed with a sign that said "Rafael Cardoso" -- Tito Conrad, Tita Girlie and I was in LAX to pick up Rafael. I was amazed at how few his stuff were! But he reassured me and said "Womens are different." He was such a nice guy and I admired him for being so excited and curious about everything!!


From LAX we went straight to Hollywood to take advantage of the thin crowds early in the morning. Amazing that Rafael Google-Mapped all destinations (even UWP ones, I was soon to learn later) and practically dicatated how we have to navigate our way in LA to get to the "Footprints"


I found someone who takes more pictures than me ;-) It was a fun day!

The "Oceans" Gang had pretty new prints. Here's Matt Damon's


Hey, I didn't know I had a star!!!!



I am sorry Sam, I met a hunk in Hollywood! ;-)






They were selling these puca Made in the Philippines shell and coconut necklaces in Hollywood for $6.00! Crazy. I brought some with me which cost P10.00 each. ;-) Perhaps I should sell them.



A huge strawberry-banana malted milkshake. I had to go to the bathroom a LOT after !









Will try to blog more. It's getting harder to get Internet access!



1 comment:

tRyx said...

yanna sabi ko na nga ba makikita mo si shrekkk! hugss! it's fun reading ur blog hahahaha!