Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Playing SuperStar at Teikyo Loretto


(I am again late at posting this! Please bear with me…)

Another adjustment for me! Last Monday, Lesley and I had to take a one and a half hour ride to the Teikyo Loretto Heights University - the venue of our show! Rehearsals were in full swing.

When I got inside the theater, my mind flashed back to the days when I was in high school and college and we were getting ready to perform at the DL Umali Hall in the University of the Philippines Los Banos. At that time, the “audi” for me was the most prestigious performing place in the University (hey, it was expensive to rent!)

I am in the chorus / cast movement most of the time for the show. But still, I felt like this is definitely a dream come true – haha. Come to think of it, when I watch a professional production, I never imagine myself as the lead character ;-) I always thought that the chorus looked more fun! Besides, I know my limitations! (Ah, plus the extreme talent that my castmates are showing!)

No comments: