Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Saturday, August 11, 2007

"Live in the Now" ...

... my host dad said.

Yup, I have been here in Tucson for 4 days now and this is the first time I am writing about it. I am so sorry if I have not been able to write about our experience in Gallup, New Mexico (it was only an overnight stay) and a whole lot of details from other experiences. It's just that my host dad told me to live the moment and not stress myself about writing because I just might miss the action right here, right now. So I am just living in the now right now!

I am loving Tucson. Great city. Great experiences. Great host family.
My host parents, Bruce and Kathy Garret lives in the middle of the golf course (I am without a roommate this time, and the room is right beside the laundry room, yey!) . They have such a beautiful home and they are such wonderful people. They have shared a lot of wonderful stories and experiences with me. I do hope I get the chance to right about the whole experience soon.. (promise, i will try my very best.)


Had a great Community Impact day with some people in the cast in one of our beneficiaries' satellite site (our beneficiary was the Southern Arizona Center for Sexual Assault) where we interacted and played with the kids whose moms / guardians were seeking therapy or guidance. It was super fun mainly because the kids were so particapative and open, plus there were only 7 of us who did the CI, which was a great number. We were able to discuss about things well...





I also got to see my best friend Em who is taking up her Masters degree in Agricultural Economics at the University of Arizona. She came with me and my host family to the Desert Museum on my last day in Tucson.

( I can't believe I am missing to write about a lot of other stuff ! Like the Up With People Reunion, our Stand for Peace project, meeting "Super Dad" Bob Kincaid at the alumni Reunion and finding out that he has hosted 6 Filipinas in UWP!, babysitting the kids of the people who attended the reunion, etc, etc...)

Will be leaving Tucson tomorrow and will be on our way to Globe, Arizona. I badly want to blog about this Tucson experience! I need to find time in the bus...

No comments: