Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Goodbye Denver

I just can't believe that 4 weeks already passed.

This makes me wonder about the feeling of the next 5 months on the road that will probably be gone in a snap.

Today, I look back on everything that happened here in Denver. The first day, the first week - and then the entire surreal month where I was stretched out of my comfort zone.

I can't believe that we have performed a show already, the first of many... and I am sure things will never be the same from now on. I believe people in the cast are more confident now and are more willing to share a part of themselves throughout the trip. I am so happy to be a part of Cast B.

I haven't uploaded show photos yet but I will once I get Internet access again. We leave Denver at 7:30 AM today, after 8 hours, will stay overnight in Gallup, New Mexico and then travel another few hours to Tucson, Arizona.

I am excited for Tucson. New host family, new environment... I will see Em (my high school best friend studying at the University of Arizona), we will get to do two Community Impact projects, then there's the Up With People Alumni Grand Reunion!

Until next log-in...

No comments: