Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Somewhat Like Home

I am home. The sights, the sounds, the smells of my Manila.

But it totally doesn't feel like home. Because the cast is here and they are still my life every minute of the day. It really feels weird to be home but totally thrown off your regular routine.

It is also only this time that I feel a sense of loss of my long-time job at Ayala Foundation. Remember, I was still working two days before I left for Denver last July. Oh well, opportunities will come, I guess (I hope! :-)

These past few weeks have been crazy. It has been an emotional roller coaster!

The cast is here, the cast is about to leave soon.
My friends and family are here, but I haven't really had the time to see them.
There is so much to do in the Philippines ... and I hope a lot more people will step up to this challenge.
Feeling less engaged in cast activities.
Hearing the cast's opinions on the Philippines and the Filipino people - some of them negative, some of them positive.
I've been on TV, the radio, and the newspaper.
I think I've accomplished a lot of things in my "secret wish list" like presenting infront of an international audience, volunteering internationally and being featured on TV.

Whew. Intense. Mixed feelings.

Here's another article for you! This was published in today's paper. http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/2bu/view_article.php?article_id=102125.

1 comment:

lulahjamie said...

Hi Hanna,

I really admire you for your journey. I am Jamie, and I currently host 2 UWP boys (Tyrell and Blaine). I am very interested to join and travel with UWP. I have been a member of Youth for christ/Singles for christ for more than half my life and our family works with Gawad Kalinga. I also love the arts, having performed many times with YFC.

I would just like to ask for some tips on how to raise funds so I would be able to join. :)

I would appreciate your insights. My email address: jamiesusara@gmail.com