Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kita-Kita Tayo sa Pinas!

Last show day in Europe today! And I am currently in the Staff Workroom nervously waiting for my time to go to the train station and on to the airport to fly home.

Yes, I won't be in the last show in Europe :-( and the cast will be going to the EU Parliament in Brussels tomorrow (something that I was looking forward to when I heard "Europe" when I applied for UWP) . This is also the first time since Tucson, Arizona that the cast will be complete onstage! Ah, but they're not complete now because I won't be there.

But going home first will be cool too, I guess!

I have a lot of stories to tell about Leuven (which, by the way is a very cool University town!) like the old buildings, the nice stores, the waffles, the churches, the very touching BTS we had, the amazing CI, and the Filipino students I met...

.. But those stories would have to wait. The next time I get to be online I would probably be in my normal "pambahay" clothes in Binan, Laguna or the very hot and humid Apt 9 in San Lorenzo in Makati. Am excited.

I would LOVE to have a stick of Banana-Cue when I get home.

2 comments:

batang_porac said...

I hope you had a good experience in Denver. Denver is a nice place, not crowed yet like big cities in America. I know all the places you mentioned in your blog, but there are more to see in Colorado and cultural events that happens almost every month. Next time you are here, drop me an email and I might see your performance with Up With People. Do they still have the office in Broomfield, CO?

Hanna said...

hi batang porac!

The UWP office is now in Denver, Colorado :-)

The article published in the Inquirer was wayyy outdated. We are now in Manila!

Thanks so much for the message!

hanna