Hanna Fernando-Pacua (PHILIPPINES) temporarily leaves her comfort zone to travel, serve, and perform around the world in five months. She hopes to share with you this very meaningful experience.

Up with People provides students with an extraordinary semester of traveling the world. As a student your perspectives on the world will never be the same. UWP is for that certain student who's looking for an intense, hands-on, involved global educational experience. The program addresses the very real need for young adults and leaders who have global perspectives, intercultural understanding, knowledge of worldwide social issues, leadership skills and a dedication to community service. For more information, visit www.upwithpeople.org.

HANNA's SATTELITE SITE and GALLERY (+ photos, videos, calendar) http://www.bananaspinuwp.multiply.com/

Friday, September 21, 2007

Catching Up (Again)

I am now in Portland...

(from the last time I wrote, I was in Eureka, then there was Coos Bay... then now here!)

I wonder how many times I'll have "catching up" as my title?

I wonder how many times I'll say "I am sorry for the late update!"

Sigh. Jessica Walters, an Up With People staff member, was right. It is really hard to keep a blog updated on the road!

1. The schedule is crazily PACKED. We wake up very early in the morning, go through the day barely breathing, and go home too tired to do anything else.
2. We love spending time with host families.
3. Lack of internet access in some areas.
4. Lack of creative juices
5. A lot of things happen in one day and it gets too overwhelming to write about ANYTHING

Okay, I might be making excuses, but these are all so true! If you are a blogger having a crazy hard time updating your site, please share with me the challenges you face!

No comments: